Thursday 2 August 2012

FOTD Totally Teal

Hi lovlies! This is just a quick post today, it's just a FOTD. This is actually my new favorite look. I love the colour teal however when it comes to eyeshadow it's not really a colour that I would chose to wear, however I've been inspired lately to create more colourful looks this is what I came up with and I actually LOVE IT! :) 

Totally Teal






Click Read More for more pictures and products used!!












 Products used on this look were:


Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the eye and up to the brow bone.
Mac Blanc Type eyeshadow. I used this as a wash all over the lid including the tear duct area.
Mac Gulf Stream and Shimmermoss eyeshadows were my base colours.
I used Shimmermoss on the inner two thirds of the eye and Gulf Stream on the outer third. 
To darken the crease I used Naked from the Naked Palette, I took this quite high up on the brow bone. Then I went back into the crease with Mystery from Mac to darken up the outer "V". You don't want to use a black or anything to dark because it can overpower the teal look we are going for. 
I used Phloof by Mac as a highlight under the brow bone, Phloof is a super frosty shimmery colour but this is okay with this look as the rest of the colours are quite matte. I chose not to take this shimmery colour into the tearduct as Blanc Type had already added some light to that area.
On my waterline I used Stilla Kajal Eyeliner in the shade Topaz. I love this eyeliner as I find its not as stark as white when used on the waterline and it really opens up the eye and makes the eye appear brighter. 
Underneath this I ran some of  Mystery along under the lash line and underneath that again I ran some of the Shimmermoss colour from Mac. 
For the liner I used Blacktrack Fluidline from Mac. 
The lashes are from Primark.

Lipstick I used was Thalia from NYX.

To get this look you don't have to use these exact colours from Mac. I just chose to use Mac because over the years I have built up a big collection. So don't worry if you don't have these colours. All you need is;
A matte colour that is close to your skin tone.
A shimmery teal colour. If you can't quite decide if it's blue or green then chances are it's probably teal!! :)
A vivid frosty mid toned green/teal, you want it to be a similar colour to your first colour but darker.
A matte reddish brown colour for the crease
A dark brown to darken the crease. 
A frosty shimmery champagne highlight colour. 

Because the eyes in this look are so colourful you want to team it up with a neutral lipstick such as the lipstick I used in this look.

I hope you enjoyed this look, I had fun creating it and I'm looking forward to creating some more colourful looks!

Lots of love, 
Emma 
xox

18 comments:

  1. Your eyebrows look perfect! Mine are so messed up from over-plucking 17 years ago. They aren't really growing back as much as I would like so I have to draw them on. Maybe I can try and shape what I have. I really like the shape of yours though. I may use them as a guide!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, thanks for your comment! I actually have really fair eyebrows...but I love HD brows so I shade mine in. I think eyebrows are sooo important to make a look! You can definatly work with what you have, you'll be surprised the difference a bit of brow poweder can make!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. great makeup!
    come by and lets fllw each other if you love to do!
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment! I will definitely check out your blog! :)

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Your makeup looks gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your blog and love your aesthetic! and hey i actually just started a new blog. i'd love if you could come check it out and follow, if you like!!

    xo,
    http://www.annacbie.com

    ps: if you do follow, let me know by commenting and leaving your url on my most recent post. then i'll skip right over to follow you back :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'll check out your blog right now! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Love love loveee this look :) Think you need to come and do my make up the next time i have an event or something haha Can't wait to see the next look!

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophia! Aww thanks for your sweet comment! :) xox

      Delete
  6. I love this look! This is absolutely amazing! Just came across your page! Please come stop by ours =]

    http://www.thebeautybar77.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You honestly do some of the best eye makeup I have seen!! <3

    India - www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Twitter - JewelBeautyBlog
    Giveaway - Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss Of Your Choice!

    ReplyDelete